- This event has passed.
Windley Key Day
March 21, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Celebrate the Florida Park Service’s 85th birthday with festivities including a native plant giveaway, free guided nature walks, and guest speakers! Booths will offer information on Florida-Friendly landscaping, native and non-native plants, area state parks and trails, and environmental organizations. Visit every booth for a chance to win a park-themed grand prize.
- 9 a.m. – Birding at Windley Key Nature Hike with Pete Frezza (arrive at 8:30am to check out binoculars from the Park)
- 10 a.m. – Guided Ranger Walk (meet at the picnic table near the Visitor Center) with Ranger Devin
- 11 a.m. – Small Trees and Shrubs for Smaller Yards with Susan Kolterman.
- Noon – Exploring the San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve with Matthew Lawrence
- 1 p.m. – History of Indian Key Historic State Park with Brad Bertelli
- 2 p.m. – Guided Ranger Walk (meet at the picnic table near the Visitor Center) with Ranger Helen
**To add an event please email details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org